Conference OrganizerThe Precision Medicine World Conference is coordinated by PMWC LLC, a U.S. based company. PMWC LLC’s primary business is organizing medical conferences, including but not limited to those under the brand name ‘PMWC’, and developing related conference software.
1. PURCHASING TICKETSI consent to PMWC LLC collecting my data when I purchase or register for tickets. I also agree that my user account details can be stored. I understand that I can ask PMWC LLC to delete my details at any time, and they will do so within a reasonable timeframe. I accept that my data may be used for commercial purposes in line with this Data Protection Policy and Declaration of Consent and will be retained for this purpose. If I want my data to be removed, I must make a written request to PMWC LLC. Processing these requests may take up to 30 days and may incur a $25 fee. Requests can be sent by email to [email protected] or by post to: PMWC LLC 12227 Colina Dr Los Altos Hills, CA 94024, USA
2. ONLINE SURVEYSI consent to PMWC LLC storing any voluntary information I provide while participating in an online survey. I understand and agree that my data will be used for commercial purposes, following this Data Protection Policy and Declaration of Consent, and will be kept and stored for this purpose.
3. TICKET REGISTRATIONI provide consent for PMWC LLC to use the mandatory and any voluntary data I provide during complimentary or other ticket registration processes. This includes my consent for the use of the voluntary data provided. I understand and agree that my data will be used for commercial purposes, in accordance with this Data Protection Policy and Declaration of Consent, and will be kept and stored for this purpose. If I’m registering for an exhibit at PMWC, I acknowledge that my exhibit space will be unfurnished, and I will need to coordinate with the PMWC Decorator to provide necessary furnishings for the space.
4. EVENT INFORMATIONI acknowledge that PMWC LLC will not be responsible for providing transportation or covering travel expenses to or from any event or conference. I also understand that while PMWC LLC will consider requests from exhibiting startups for day changes at any event or conference, these requests are not guaranteed to be granted.
5. USE OF PERSONAL DATA FOR ADVERTISING PURPOSESPMWC LLC is committed to respecting your privacy and will not share your name, address, email address, credit card information, or personal information with any third party without your consent. I hereby give my consent for PMWC LLC (and its subsidiaries) to store the following types of data for internal purposes: mandatory and voluntary data collected when purchasing tickets, mandatory and voluntary data collected when registering for a complimentary admission ticket, and the date of the ticket registration.
6. Declaration of ConsentI give my permission for PMWC LLC (and its subsidiaries) to collect, process, and use my personal data for the purpose of managing the purchase of my ticket and any other purposes I’ve agreed to. This data will be used to process ticket sales and create delegate lists, which will be shared on our websites, relevant online platforms, and sent out via email to our database, including all past and current delegates. If you prefer not to have your name, photograph, country of residence, and company name appear on the delegate list, please email [email protected]. As an attendee, speaker, exhibitor, or sponsor at a PMWC LLC event or conference, I agree to be filmed and recorded.
7. Voluntary disclosures when participating in online surveys.If I have chosen to receive email communications about related events, I provide consent for PMWC LLC or its subsidiary companies to analyze and utilize the data for the purpose of sending targeted advertising communications to me on relevant topics and products in connection with PMWC LLC or subsidiary events and promotions. If I have shared my contact information, which includes my mobile telephone number and email address, I permit PMWC LLC or its subsidiary companies to contact me regarding events for which I am purchasing a ticket or expressing an interest, either via SMS or email. I also consent to the mathematical and statistical analysis of my personal data for advertising purposes (scoring). I further provide consent for my data to be updated and supplemented with additional data. Accordingly, I authorize PMWC LLC (and subsidiaries) to collect data related to me from public domain sources and to store these alongside my personal data already under the control of PMWC LLC (and subsidiaries). I give my consent for PMWC LLC (and subsidiaries) to analyze this newly collected data in conjunction with the data already under their control and to use the same for the purpose of sending targeted advertising communications to me on relevant topics and products in connection with trade fairs and/or exhibitors of interest.
8. Personal informationWhen personal information (e.g. name, e-mail address, work address, phone numbers and other contact information) is provided through the PMWC LLC website or directly to us by e-mail, you give consent to PMWC LLC for processing and administering your personal data to perform all necessary actions to give effect to your request or instructions, as well as for retaining a record of incoming and outgoing communications (e.g. email) to process your personal data as outlined in this Privacy Statement. PMWC LLC may also collect the following information about you: information that you provide by filling in forms on our site, name and physical shipping, contact and payment addresses, email address and telephone numbers, credit card, debit card or bank information, date of birth, tax identification or VAT number (if applicable), and social media profiles, e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin. If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence. Information we receive from credit reference and fraud detection agencies or other third parties we may use to verify your information. We may ask you to complete surveys for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them. Your personal preferences related to events and information that you share with us with your consent via third parties such as Facebook correspondence, testimonials, photos, blogs, writings, customer satisfaction surveys or customer service communications that you may send us.
9. Right of AccessYou are entitled to obtain a copy of any personal data that PMWC LLC holds about you, in accordance with section 3 of the Data Protection Acts, subject to certain exceptions. To request a copy of your personal data, you can send an email to [email protected] or mail your request to: PMWC LLC 12227 Colina Dr Los Altos Hills, CA 94024, USA.
10. Right of rectification or erasureIf PMWC LLC holds incorrect information about you that was initially provided by you via this website, you reserve the right to request for this data to be corrected. Additionally, you also possess the right to request the erasure of any information you have submitted to us through this website. To exercise your right to correction or erasure, please submit your request to [email protected] or mail it to: PMWC LLC 12227 Colina Dr Los Altos Hills, CA 94024, USA. Your request should include your name, address, and a description of the specific personal data you wish to be rectified. However, please be aware that PMWC LLC is not obligated to correct or erase your data if such an action would interfere with your contractual obligations to PMWC LLC, or if PMWC LLC needs to process (including retain) your personal data for a legitimate purpose in accordance with the Data Protection Acts. In case of any discrepancy between these terms and the provisions of the Data Protection Acts, the latter shall prevail.
11. SecurityPMWC LLC considers the security of your personal information to be crucial. However, it’s important to note that no method of electronic transmission or storage over the internet is entirely secure. While PMWC LLC endeavors to utilize commercially acceptable methods to protect your personal information, the company cannot guarantee its absolute security and cannot accept any liability in cases where your personal information’s security is compromised. When you enter sensitive information, such as a credit card number, on our registration or order forms, we employ secure socket layer technology (TLS/SSL) to encrypt that information, highlighting our commitment to the security of your personal information.
12. Delivery PolicyUpon the completion of a successful purchase transaction, tickets are sent in an electronic soft-copy to the email address provided by the buyer. For certain ticket types, it might be necessary to fill out required details such as the attendee’s name before the tickets can be issued. The ticket serves as a proof of transaction and can be used to gain entry at the event listed on the ticket. Either a printed hard-copy ticket or an electronic soft-copy ticket containing the reference number can be used for registration at the event.
13. EVENT / TICKET CHANGES:
13A. POLICY ON REFUNDS AND CANCELLATIONSAll purchases, including tickets/packages and sponsorship invoices for events and conferences (and hotel rooms, if applicable), are non-cancelable and non-refundable. Tickets/packages remain the property of PMWC LLC and are considered personal revocable licenses, which may be withdrawn, and admission may be denied at any time upon a refund of the printed registration/package price. PMWC LLC is not liable for any tickets that are lost or stolen. If a visa is denied to an attendee, tickets/packages will not be refunded. If an individual requests a refund on general attendee tickets that were purchased before their startup ticket was purchased, PMWC LLC will not grant a full refund if the general attendee ticket price has increased beyond the startup ticket price. Name changes for tickets can be made free of charge up to 30 days prior to the event, provided that complete information is given for the new ticket holder. No name changes will be made within 30 days of the event, and the ticket price will be forfeited in such cases. If you have been selected to volunteer at the event but have already purchased a ticket, you are not eligible for a refund. (i) For ANY REASON, you may transfer a PMWC LLC ticket to a future PMWC LLC event, without fee, by the 1st day of the month prior to the event dates (e.g., May 1st for a June event). A ticket may also be transferred to another person who qualifies under the same ticket type by the same deadline. Please notify [email protected] before then. There is a limit of one transfer per ticket/benefit. (ii) PMWC LLC maintains a flexible transfer policy, allowing you to change conferences for any reason, provided it is done by the deadline. However, there are no refunds. (iii) Outside of the above transfer policy, the only transfer that can be made is if the conference is moved to a new date. In such a case, all tickets/exhibits/etc. benefits would automatically be moved to the new dates without an extension to the transfer policies. For questions about registration or assistance with any registration problems, please contact us at [email protected].
13B. CHANGES AND CANCELLATIONS REGARDING SPONSORSHIP, SPEAKING, AND EXHIBITINGPMWC strictly prohibits any changes to commitments relating to benefits, packages, speaking, exhibiting, or sponsorship. This includes downsizing an exhibit, forgoing an exhibit for any reason, canceling, or failing to show up for a scheduled speaking engagement. Breaching this policy will result in the loss of all benefits at PMWC conferences or events and could incur a penalty. If such a breach occurs within 90 days of the conference or event, the penalty may exceed the original package or sponsorship rate, at PMWC LLC’s discretion. The sponsor, speaker or exhibitor is required to maintain communication with PMWC and do everything in their power to ensure their participation at the PMWC conference. In the unlikely event that a sponsor, speaker or exhibitor cannot attend the conference, they are obligated to find a suitable replacement and to inform the PMWC team as soon as possible.
13C. EVENT CANCELLATION, POSTPONEMENT & SUBSTITUTION POLICYPMWC LLC shall not be held liable for any loss or damage due to substitution, alteration, cancellation, or postponement of an event. Changes in event dates do not provide grounds for a refund, as outlined in PMWC’s transfer policy. Should a conference or event be cancelled, the liability of PMWC LLC is restricted to the remaining share of paid registration/package fees after the deduction of credit card and payment processing fees. PMWC LLC bears no responsibility in situations where an event is canceled, rescheduled or postponed due to unforeseen circumstances, acts of God, pandemics, or any other event that renders the performance of the event impracticable, illegal, or impossible. This clause encompasses events such as war, fire, labor strikes, pandemics, extreme weather conditions, and other emergencies. It should be noted that while speakers and topics are confirmed at the time of publishing, circumstances outside the control of the organizers may necessitate substitutions, alterations, or cancellations of the speakers and/or topics. PMWC LLC therefore reserves the right to change the advertised speakers and/or topics without incurring any liability. Any such substitutions or alterations will be updated on our web page as soon as possible. Regarding changes in conference dates, in case of a date change, the tickets/exhibit/sponsorship/etc. benefits will be automatically transferred to the new conference dates for the same benefits, as determined by PMWC. A change in dates does not warrant a refund. If you wish to transfer the benefits to a future PMWC conference instead, please refer to the transfer policy in PMWC’s terms and conditions for further details. A typical circumstance necessitating a conference date change could be situations such as the COVID-19 pandemic.
14. PROHIBITED ACTIONS AND CONSEQUENCESPMWC LLC strictly prohibits any entity or attendee from hosting or organizing any event associated with, adjacent to, or claiming to be related to PMWC or its affiliates, unless there is express prior permission and cooperation from PMWC LLC. If this rule is violated, any tickets/packages bought by the violator and their affiliates will be cancelled. PMWC LLC may also take legal action, including claims for damages. The tickets/packages you purchase (including hotel rooms, if applicable) are solely for your or your business’s personal use. They may not be resold or transferred for commercial gain, used as part of any promotion or competition, or under any other circumstances. If we find any evidence of reselling, transferring, or attempting to do so (or any other violation of this term), we reserve the right to cancel the associated tickets/packages immediately. PMWC LLC also has the right to cancel any ticket/package purchase or invoice issued by anyone we reasonably believe is linked to any ticket broker or tout. Furthermore, PMWC LLC reserves the right to refuse admission to any event or conference for any behavior we deem unacceptable or any violation of the terms and conditions. Unauthorized use of photographic and recording equipment at events and conferences is also prohibited.
15. GENERAL CLAUSESa. PMWC LLC shall be entitled to delegate the duties provision of its obligations under this Agreement. b. No other terms shall apply to this Agreement and these terms contain the entire agreement and understanding between us in respect of all matters which are referred to herein and supersede any prior, written or oral agreement between us relating to such matters. You confirm that in agreeing to accept these terms you have not relied on any representation that is not expressly included herein and you agree that you shall have no remedy in respect of any misrepresentation which has not become a part of these terms. However, nothing in these terms purport to exclude liability for any fraudulent statement or act. c. If any part of the terms herein shall be deemed unlawful, void or for any reason unenforceable then that provision shall be deemed to be severable from these terms and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any of the remaining provisions of the terms. You agree not to: • Use the Website (or any part of it) for any illegal purpose and agree to use it in accordance with all relevant laws; • Upload or transmit through the Website (i) any computer viruses, macro viruses, trojan horses, worms or anything else; • Use the Website in a manner which (i) may cause the Website to be interrupted, damaged, rendered less efficient or such designed to interfere with, interrupt or disrupt the normal operating procedures of a computer or (ii) any material which is defamatory, offensive, or of an obscene or menacing character, or that may cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety; (iii) that the effectiveness or functionality of the Website is in any way impaired or (iv) violates or infringes the rights of any person, firm or company (including, but not limited to, rights of intellectual property, rights of confidentiality or rights of privacy) of the Website; • Create or publish a hypertext link to any part of the Website or attempt any unauthorized access to any part or component; • Copy or distribute any part of the Website in any medium without our prior written consent; and • Alter or modify any part of the Website other than as may be reasonably necessary to use the Website for its intended use. • We reserve the right to: Modify or withdraw, temporarily or permanently, the Website (or any part of it) with or without notice to you. • Change these Terms from time to time. Your continued use of the website (or any part of it) following such change shall be subject to and including the changes made to the terms from time to time. • Monitor any activity and content associated with the Website. • We may investigate any reported violation of these Terms to confirm that we shall not be liable to you or any third party for any modification to or withdrawal of the Website; and/or deemed to be your acceptance of such change. It is your responsibility to check regularly to determine whether the Terms have been changed. If you do not agree to any change to the Terms then you must immediately stop using the Website; and/ or complaints relating to the Website and take any action that we deem appropriate (which may include, but is not limited to, issuing warnings, suspending, terminating or attaching conditions to your access and/or removing any materials from the Website)
16. LIMITATION OF LIABILITYWe strive to ensure the accuracy of the information on our website, but we do not guarantee its precision. The website is provided as it is and as it becomes available for your information and personal use, without any assurances or endorsements. Unless there are separate terms and conditions for a specific product or service, we do not provide any explicit or implicit warranties for the Website or any products or services offered on the Website, whether by us or on our behalf. This includes free software downloads and extends to implied warranties of satisfactory quality, suitability for a specific purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security, accuracy, condition, completeness, or any warranty arising from customary business dealings or usage. You understand that we cannot ensure the security or privacy of the Website and any information you provide to or obtain from the Website. PMWC LLC and its subsidiaries will not be held responsible for any loss, injury, or damage to any person or property, unless it’s due to negligence on the part of PMWC LLC, resulting in death or personal injury, or any other type of liability that the law does not permit to be excluded or limited. PMWC LLC will not be held responsible for the approval of any visas needed to attend any event or conference.
17. INDEMNITYYou agree to accept full responsibility for and to fully indemnify us against all claims, liabilities, damages, losses, costs, and expenses, including legal fees, that we suffer as a result of any violation of these terms by you. This also includes any other liabilities that we incur as a result of your use of the website, or use by any other person accessing the website using your computer or internet access account.
18. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY AND RIGHT TO USE:You understand and agree that all copyrights, trademarks, and all other intellectual property rights in all materials or content within the Website shall always remain our property or the property of our licensors. You are allowed to use this material only as we expressly authorize. We retain all rights not explicitly granted in and to the Website and its content.
19. NON-RESPONSIBILITYPMWC LLC shall not be responsible for any damages or inability to provide you with the use of the event premises as agreed, if such inability is due to acts of God, fire, earthquake, strikes, pandemic, labor disputes or other causes beyond the control of PMWC LLC. PMWC LLC shall not be responsible for damages caused directly or indirectly by your invitees or your patrons. Neither shall PMWC LLC be responsible for property you or by your invitees/ patrons brought upon the premises. An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, senior citizens and guests with underlying medical conditions are especially vulnerable. By visiting a PMWC conference (PMWC LLC) you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19 and PMWC LLC or its vendors and partners are not responsible for anyone contracting COVID-19 at a PMWC conference.
20. PARKING NOTICEPMWC LLC cannot guarantee parking availability in the adjacent parking garages due to major events that may potentially be held in Levi’s Stadium. All reasonable efforts will be made to locate alternative parking for the use of attendees.
21. GOVERNING LAW, VENUEThese Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California. Any dispute under PMWC LLC’s terms and conditions shall be subject to mediation in the County of Santa Clara.
22. COVID-19 Safety Acknowledgment — Liability Waiver and Release of ClaimsCOVID-19 POSITIVE TERMS AND SAFETY ACTIONS: If PMWC determines prior to or at the event that you are violating the PMWC safety measures outlined below you may have your ticket transferred to a future event or canceled without a refund and removed immediately per PMWC’s discretion. If PMWC deems this act as intentional or negligent per their discretion they may issue you up to a $10,000 fine. PMWC reserves the right to add or adjust outlined safety precautions per the needs, requirements by law and understanding for the event during and leading up to its event dates. There may be requirements to test COVID negative or vaccinate with a FDA approved vaccine added given commonplace event/conference protocol. It is your responsibility to monitor the email you signed up with and check your spam for updates from PMWC.
COVID-19 SAFETY INFORMATION: Unless updated here or notified by PMWC LLC in writing (hopefully at the end of this pandemic), while participating in events held or sponsored by PMWC LLC (“PMWC LLC ”) “social distancing” must be practiced and face coverings worn at all times to reduce the risks of exposure to COVID-19. Because COVID-19 is extremely contagious and is spread mainly from person-to-person contact, PMWC LLC has put in place preventative measures to reduce the spread of COVID-19. However, PMWC LLC cannot guarantee that its participants, volunteers, partners, or others in attendance will not become infected with COVID-19. In light of the ongoing spread of COVID-19, individuals who fall within any of the categories below should not engage in PMWC LLC events and/or other face to face fundraising activities. By attending an PMWC LLC event, you certify that you do not fall into any of the following categories:
- Individuals who currently or within the past fourteen (14) days have experienced any symptoms associated with COVID-19, which include fever, cough, and shortness of breath among others;
- Individuals who have traveled at any point in the past fourteen (14) days either internationally or to a community in the U.S. that has experienced or is experiencing sustained community spread of COVID-19; or
- Individuals who believe that they may have been exposed to a confirmed or suspected case of COVID-19 or have been diagnosed with COVID-19 and are not yet cleared as non-contagious by state or local public health authorities or the health care team responsible for their treatment.
LIABILITY WAIVER AND RELEASE OF CLAIMS: I acknowledge that I derive personal satisfaction and a benefit by virtue of my participation and/or voluntarism with PMWC LLC , and I willingly engage in PMWC LLC events and/or other fundraising activities (the “Activity”).
RELEASE AND WAIVER. I HEREBY RELEASE, WAIVE AND FOREVER DISCHARGE ANY AND ALL LIABILITY, CLAIMS, AND DEMANDS OF WHATEVER KIND OR NATURE AGAINST THE PMWC LLC AND ITS AFFILIATED PARTNERS AND SPONSORS, INCLUDING IN EACH CASE, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THEIR DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, VOLUNTEERS, AND AGENTS (THE “RELEASED PARTIES”), EITHER IN LAW OR IN EQUITY, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE BY LAW, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO DAMAGES OR LOSSES CAUSED BY THE NEGLIGENCE, FAULT OR CONDUCT OF ANY KIND ON THE PART OF THE RELEASED PARTIES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO DEATH, BODILY INJURY, ILLNESS, ECONOMIC LOSS OR OUT OF POCKET EXPENSES, OR LOSS OR DAMAGE TO PROPERTY, WHICH I, MY HEIRS, ASSIGNEES, NEXT OF KIN AND/OR LEGALLY APPOINTED OR DESIGNATED REPRESENTATIVES, MAY HAVE OR WHICH MAY HEREINAFTER ACCRUE ON MY BEHALF, WHICH ARISE OR MAY HEREAFTER ARISE FROM MY PARTICIPATION WITH THE ACTIVITY.
ASSUMPTION OF THE RISK. I acknowledge and understand the following:
- Participation includes possible exposure to and illness from infectious diseases including but not limited to COVID-19. While particular rules and personal discipline may reduce this risk, the risk of serious illness and death does exist;
- I knowingly and freely assume all such risks related to illness and infectious diseases, such as COVID-19, even if arising from the negligence or fault of the Released Parties; and
- I hereby knowingly assume the risk of injury, harm and loss associated with the Activity, including any injury, harm and loss caused by the negligence, fault or conduct of any kind on the part of the Released Parties.
MEDICAL ACKNOWLEDGMENT AND RELEASE. I acknowledge the health risks associated with the Activity, including but not limited to transient dizziness, lightheaded, fainting, nausea, muscle cramping, musculoskeletal injury, joint pains, sprains and strains, heart attack, stroke, or sudden death. I agree that if I experience any of these or any other symptoms during the Activity, I will discontinue my participation immediately and seek appropriate medical attention. I DO HEREBY RELEASE AND FOREVER DISCHARGE THE RELEASED PARTIES FROM ANY CLAIM WHATSOEVER WHICH ARISES OR MAY HEREAFTER ARISE ON ACCOUNT OF ANY FIRST AID, TREATMENT, OR SERVICE RENDERED IN CONNECTION WITH MY PARTICIPATION IN THE ACTIVITY. As a participant, volunteer, or attendee, You recognize that your participation, involvement and/or attendance at any PMWC LLC fundraising event or activity (“Activity”) is voluntary and may result in personal injury (including death) and/or property damage. By attending, observing or participating in the Activity, You acknowledge and assume all risks and dangers associated with your participation and/or attendance at the Activity, and You agree that: (a) the PMWC LLC (b) the property or site owner of the Activity, and (c) all past, present and future affiliates, successors, assigns, employees, volunteers, vendors, partners, directors, and officers, of such entities (subsections (a) through (c), collectively, the “Released Parties”), will not be responsible for any personal injury (including death), property damage, or other loss suffered as a result of your participation in, attendance at, and/or observation of the Activity, regardless if any such injuries or losses are caused by the negligence of any of the Released Parties (collectively, the “Released Claims”). BY ATTENDING AND/OR PARTICIPATING IN THE ACTIVITY, YOU ARE DEEMED TO HAVE GIVEN A FULL RELEASE OF LIABILITY TO THE RELEASED PARTIES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.